so I seem to be having some issues with my circuit. I have my 5v cell>(+) diode> 4 slot AA rechargeable battery>center on toggle switch> usb port >(-) back to cell and batter slot.
So the circuit does in fact work and is charging my phone however the battery slot is overheating. There is a center mental connector on the bottom of the slot that is melting the surrounding plastic.
Is this because it is cheaply made or am I getting feedback from the phone or am I just setting it up incorrectly?
Also this is my first circuit so be gentle…